You can light up the gaming world by creating stunning interior and exterior lighting. Staying on top of the latest lighting technology comes naturally to you, and you constantly analyze the best ways to light up characters and spaces.
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises' fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can't reveal too much just yet, we can promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Sarajevo, or remotely. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Create interior and exterior lighting in UE5 with responsibility for all lighting-related aspects of production
- Work with Level Artists and Designers to set up and adjust lighting for all game environments and scenes
- Closely work with the Art Director to achieve the highest visual standards
- Provide feedback and collaborate with other artists on tasks correlated to lighting and atmosphere
- Work with the Cinematic team to create lighting for cinematic moments, both real-time and pre-rendered
- Work with Technical Artists to develop tools and assets for lighting
- Audit content to verify proper PBR ranges and values to maintain consistent visual fidelity
- Manage lighting performance among multiple platforms using available tools
- Ensure all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with the production schedule
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- Experience working on AA/ AAA titles
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 5
- Solid understanding of lighting and scene composition
- Experience with lighting issues in a real-time rendering pipeline
- 3+ Years of industry experience related to lighting, or evident demonstrable ability in affiliated roles such as Environment/Level Art or World Building
- Mastery of physical lighting theories
- Great organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven by a personal passion for your craft
- Desire to learn and understand the latest and greatest technologies and techniques
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other wellbeing benefits - because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company-wide annual leave in January, plus additional days for significant life events like childbirths, wedding leaves, and bereavement, plus short-term sick leaves.
- A month of 4-hour workdays for all Mad Heads returning from maternity leave - to acclimate and gently return to the workflow.
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, and courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech, and gaming ecosystems - and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events, as well as personalized team bonding events tailored to your preferences
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.
Apply by pressing the button below.