You are an experienced 3D Character Artist with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating cutting-edge character art. Working with a team of big thinkers to produce the highest quality art possible sounds like a mission you would join in a heartbeat!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
We are currently developing two big games: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter... and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, please, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Modeling and Sculpting of High resolution realistic Characters and Creatures based on provided concept art
- Optimise and modify existing 3D assets
- Prepare 3D assets for animation and game import
- Work on Realistic Texturing with attention to detail in Substance Painter
- Collaborate with 3D art team and recommend improvements for the pipeline and assets
- Collaborate and share feedback with other gamedev departments
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 5+ years of experience as a Character Artist within the Game or Film industry
- Worked on at least 1 shipped game
- Be proactive in gathering references, and self organized
- Have good work ethics, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Human and Creature Anatomy
- Strong understanding of Cloth Simulation in Marvelous Designer
- Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya, Zbrush, 3DS Max, Blender and other
- Excellent creativity and artistic skills
- Understanding of project requirements and conceptualizing creative ideas
- Willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware
- Good understanding of Human motion and Facial Expressions
- Good understanding of Low Poly, UV and optimization workflows
It would be a plus if you have:
- Mentoring/ coaching skills to train other 3D artists
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture
- Previous experience in working on AA / AAA games
- Create personal Art, drawings, paintings, sculptures etc
- Knowledge of game engines (Unreal Engine or Unity)
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems - and will include you into it!
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.
Apply by pressing the button below.