Would you trust yourself with the responsibility of managing and developing the animation team in an unconventional, award-winning gaming studio, surrounded by extremely fun-to-work-with colleagues, while creating animations worthy of AA/ AAA game development?
You would? Ok, that's a promising start!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Lead, inspire, mentor and manage the Animation team
- Create aesthetically and mechanically high - quality, as well as technically correct animations according to the instructions from the Game designer and Lead animator
- Direct and animate in-game characters, movements and environment for further use within the Sequencer, for In-Game Cutscenes
- Animate look as good in the animation software as in the game itself
- Be responsible for the quality and content of the animations and the functionality of the gameplay systems
- Rig and import animations to the game projects in Unreal engine
- Actively participate in animation system design and issue resolution
- Be a leader in pushing innovation and new ideas in term of pipeline, tools and processes
- Create a pleasant working environment for the team to contribute the growth of the company
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 5+ years experience in video game animation, or other relevant field
- Leadership skills to train other 3D artists
- Independently choose the technique in which to create the animation, as long as it meets the criteria set for the final animation
- Total mastery of Maya - character, prop and environment animation and manipulation
- Working familiarity with HIK mocap workflow in Maya
- Strong understanding of body mechanics and realistic animation
- Understanding of game design and game development production process
- Wealth of experience in 3D animation and a portfolio to match
- Attention to detail, adaptability, suppleness, flexibility and an open mind
- Continuously improve and raise the quality bar of team deliverables
It would be a plus if you have:
- Previous education in Animation or in other related field
- Previous experience in leading 3D Animation team working on AA+ titles
- Proficiency in realistic as well as stylized motion animation
- In-depth understanding of anatomy and physiology of movements
- Willingness to work inside of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong knowledge of MotionBuilder
- Experience with technical aspects of rigging and skinning characters for animation and automatic rigging frameworks like mGear
- A deep knowledge of the engine and animation tools, and bring new solutions to complex problems
- Ability to share knowledge and open mindset to learning from others
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems - and will include you into it!
Apply by pressing the button below.