Your heart skips a beat when you import an art team's asset, and the frame rate hits 60fps on a mid-tier GPU. You feel at home standing at the crossroads of art and programming - and you'd trust yourself to manage a team of driven, extremely fun-to-work-with professionals!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
Currently, we are developing two big games in Unreal Engine: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter... and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Work on the global optimization of the entire game in collaboration with the team
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Import game ready assets and set up their materials
- Implement the level profiling process and generate reports based on which can create a strategic plan to improve optimizations
- Take care about the amount of geometry and complexity of the scene at the level in order the game has the best possible performance
- Create or improve existing tools to further increase efficiency
- Communicate with devs, artists and QA team to detect and resolve project issues
- Lead, inspire, mentor and manage the Technical Art team. Be a leader in pushing innovation and new ideas in term of pipeline, tools and processes
- Be responsible for the scope of work, challenges, risks and techniques that will be used during the work and the ways in which processes can be optimised and improved
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members
- Provide a pleasant working environment for the team and take care of the motivation of its team members by including 1-on-1 meetings
- Participate in annual performance evaluations for team members (Review process) but also in the selection process of new team members in collaboration with HR team members
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Artist within the gaming or similar industry
- Excellent knowledge of 3D game engine, preferably Unreal
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya (or some alternative 3D software)
- Experience in creating and customising materials
- Good understanding of the principles of modelling, rigging, animation, as well as the lights and particle manipulation
- Experience with the traditional workflow/ pipeline (high to low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking/texturing, level art) and a good sense of balance between quality and optimised graphics
- Leadership skills to train other Technical artists
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in game development
- Strong feel for an overall impression of what a good game should leave on its players
- Have devotion to continuously improve and raise the quality bar of team deliverables
It would be a plus if you have:
- Previous education in Technical Art or in other related field
- Experience working as a Lead Technical Artist on AA+ titles
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with differences between creative and technical teams
- Sense of adventure since you will be working and interacting with a variety of professionals including programmers, artists, and level designers – on a daily basis
- Ability to share knowledge and open mindset to learning from others
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems - and will include you into it!
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.
Apply by pressing the button below.