Would you trust yourself with the responsibility of managing and developing the visual effects (VFX) team in an unconventional, award-winning gaming studio, surrounded by extremely fun-to-work-with colleagues, while creating amazing effects worthy of AA/ AAA game development?
You would? Ok, that's a promising start!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises' fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can't reveal too much just yet, we can promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Sarajevo, or remotely. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Lead, inspire, mentor and manage the VXF team
- Use available tools (particle systems, modeling, texturing, etc.) to lead the development of visual effects that clearly communicate gameplay and immerses the player in the game world
- Design and develop eye-catching visual effects for characters and levels in Unreal Engine
- Set and maintain an effective pipeline, assignments and workload for the team
- Identifying solutions to continuously improve on quality and performance, whether it involves an exciting new technology or how to communicate a new gameplay design
- Optimize effects to make them game-ready and modify visual effects to match the budget and ensure they remain of high quality
- Create visual effects for the needs of in-game cinematics and handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Set materials with special properties
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes
- Create a pleasant working environment for the team to contribute the growth of the company
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- Proven experience as a Lead VFX Artist on at least one shipped AA/AAA game
- Knowledge of Unreal engine and its particle and material editors
- Excellent knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender)
- Ability to work independently
- Leadership skills to train other VFX artists
- Understanding the technical limits of VFX in the gaming industry
- Strong feel for gameplay aesthetics and the overall impression of how a good game should be created
- Excellent creativity and artistic skills
- Willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware
- Continuously improve and raise the quality bar of team deliverables
It would be a plus if you have:
- Good knowledge of 2D animation programs (After Effects)
- Good knowledge of programs and plug-in elements for simulations (Houdini, FumeFX, EmberGen)
- Experience as an animator, modeler, and/or texture artist is a bonus
- Very strong problem-solving skills for technically challenging tasks
- Ability to share knowledge and open mindset to learning from others
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other wellbeing benefits - because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company-wide annual leave in January, plus additional days for significant life events like childbirths, wedding leaves, and bereavement, plus short-term sick leaves.
- A month of 4-hour workdays for all Mad Heads returning from maternity leave - to acclimate and gently return to the workflow.
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, and courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech, and gaming ecosystems - and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events, as well as personalized team bonding events tailored to your preferences
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.
Apply by pressing the button below.