You want to make your mark on the industry, while deeply caring about elevating the player's experience - and you are doing it by producing smooth in-game animations and boosting game mechanics.
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises' fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can't reveal too much just yet, we can promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Sarajevo, or remotely. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- In-game implementation and optimization of gameplay animation features and assets in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers
- Developing and improving in-game animation systems and tools in cooperation with Animation Programmers
- Creating IK and control rigs in Unreal with with Gameplay Animators and Character Technical Artist/Rigger
- Prototyping the visual part of new gameplay mechanics in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers
- Creating blockout animation for prototyping animation systems
- Working on Animation Blueprints and Animation assets updates using Maya, MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine, or Python batch tools and making sure they are technically correct
- Participation in Motion Capture sessions, in order to keep the acting performance within the gameplay requirements
- Establishing and maintaining the animation workflow, folders, naming conventions, and engine-related structures
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years of experience working as Technical Animator within Game or Film Industry
- Experience working on AA/ AAA titles
- Experience working in Unreal Engine (or a similar game engine)
- Total mastery of Maya software when it comes to animation and manipulation
- Knowledge of next-gen game animation systems architecture
- Animation graphs techniques - State machines, Blendspaces, and Procedural Animation constructions.
- Experience with keyframe animation and motion capture data, animation principles, and body mechanics
- Basic knowledge of Coding and/or Scripting. (C++, C#, Python), to be able to read and update game code and scripts
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other wellbeing benefits - because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company-wide annual leave in January, plus additional days for significant life events like childbirths, wedding leaves, and bereavement, plus short-term sick leaves.
- A month of 4-hour workdays for all Mad Heads returning from maternity leave - to acclimate and gently return to the workflow.
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, and courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech, and gaming ecosystems - and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events, as well as personalized team bonding events tailored to your preferences
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in one PDF doc.
Apply by pressing the button below.