Do you love being the one who ensures the art content and features are successfully integrated into the game, while respecting the project's artistic vision and technical constraints?
If you have that unique mindset to be equally talented in both the visual and tech fields, here's the opportunity!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles - extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
Currently, we are developing two big games in Unreal Engine: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter... and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Import game ready assets and set up their materials
- In collaboration with Associate Lead Technical Artist work on the global optimization of the entire game
- Create new materials from scratch
- Import the animations into Unreal engine
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Make sure the project files are well-organised and updated
- Actively participate in team discussions, weekly stand-up meetings and sit-down reviews
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Communicate with devs, artists and QA to detect and resolve project issues
- Create or improve existing tools to further increase efficiency
- Constantly work on improving the project by finding and solving technical problems in the game
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- Good knowledge of 3D game engines, preferably Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Good knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya (or some alternative 3D software)
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience working as a Technical Artist and a desire to unleash your creativity
- Experience with the traditional workflow/ pipeline (high to low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking/texturing, level art) and a good sense of balance between quality and optimised graphics
- Understanding of the principles of modelling, rigging, animation, as well as lights and particle manipulation
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in game development
- Ability to perform detailed tasks carefully and precisely
- A strong sense of what a good game should look like and what impressions it leaves on players
It would be a plus if you have:
- Previous education in Technical Art or in other related field
- Experience working as a Technical Artist on AA+ titles
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with differences between creative and technical teams
- Sense of adventure since you will be working and interacting with a variety of professionals including programmers, artists, and level designers – on a daily basis
- Ability to share knowledge and open mindset to learning from others
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work - we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems - and will include you into it!
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.
Apply by pressing the button below.